Jurassic Park 3D is Coming!
The dinosaurs are back! And They’re coming to Austin’s Moviehouse & Eatery on April 5th.
Almost everyone knows the story of the 1993 Spielberg film: a preview of a cloned dinosaur amusement park goes horribly wrong due to a power outage. We thought we’d give you some interesting facts about the film.
1. The movie was originally a novel of the same name by Michael Crichton.
2. Jurassic Park won 3 Academy Awards.
3. The set for Jurassic Park’s control room was built on stage 28 at Universal Studios. The room was filled with nearly $1 million worth of sophisticated computer equipment that was actually on loan from industry leaders like Silicon Graphics, Apple and Super Mac.
4. Jurassic Park was filmed on the Hawaiian island of Kauai, where Hurricane Iniki came through during filming.
5. Harrison Ford actually turned down the role of Dr. Alan Grant.
6. This was the first film to use DTS surround sound.
7. Jurassic Park briefly held the box office record until it was beaten by the Titanic.
8. There are only 15 minutes of actual dinosaur footage in the film.
Now that you’re an expert on all things Jurassic Park, don’t miss out on this unbelievable adventure in 3D! Purchase tickets below.